I love trying new recipes. I get tired of making the same things over and over and usually try to make at least one new thing each week. I usually try things I see on pinterest or from other blogs. So I have decided to spotlight each week the new recipe I try and let you know what it is so you can try it too! I'll put it on my sidebar so you can refer back to it during the week.
So last week I tried a recipe I found on the blog Six Sister's Stuff called Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce. It was delicious! In fact it was so good that my husband wanted it again so I made it for dinner last night. Since it's just my husband and I and then we feed our daughter parts of our dinner, I only used one chicken breast and halved the recipe and that was a great amount for us! This serves 6 if you have a family to feed or would like leftovers. Here's the recipe.
Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce
Source: Six Sister's Stuff
3 large chicken breasts
5 C corn flakes
3/4 C flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 C milk
6 T olive oil
1 12 oz package noodles (penne, bowtie, etc)
1 10 oz container Philadelphia Cooking Cream (Italian Cheese and Herb Flavor)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 C chicken broth
1/2 C milk fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
1. In a small food processor crush the corn flakes into crumbs.
2. Add the 1/2 t salt to the 3/4 C flour. Stir to combine.
3. Place the flour, milk and crushed cornflakes each into their own separate loaf pan, bowl, or pie tin. Whichever is easiest for you!
4. Place your chicken breasts in a gallon sized Ziploc bag and seal the top. Pound the chicken flat with a meat mallet.
5. Take a pair of sharp kitchen scissors and cut each breast in half.
6. Dredge the chicken in the flour. Be sure it gets covered on both sides. Lay the floured chicken onto a small cookie sheet and slide the sheet into the freezer. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
7. Start cooking your pasta.
8. Remove the chicken from the freezer and dredge each piece in the milk and then immediately into the corn flake crumbs. Again, be sure both sides are covered well.
9. Add the olive oil to a hot skillet.
10. Carefully lay each chicken piece into the hot oil. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper. Cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes or until the underside of each piece is nice and golden brown. Turn the pieces over. If the bottom of the pan is dry add just a bit more olive oil to the side of the pan. Swirl the pan around a bit to let the oil flow to all sides.
11. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Let the chicken cook for about 7 more minutes, being careful not to burn the bottoms. (If you only cook 1 chicken breast, it takes less time. More like 4-5 minutes)
12. When your chicken has been cooked through remove it from the pan and place it on a plate. Cover with tin foil.
13. Into the same pan pour your broth, Philly Cooking Creme, Cream of Chicken, and milk. Whisk the sauce around and let it get warm and bubbly. Should only take about 3 minutes.
14. Slice your chicken into strips and serve over your cooked pasta and sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley if you choose.
And there you have the delicious recipe for this week! It was really easy to do. Enjoy!